What makes food organic is that it has been grown or farmed with natural substances, without the use of artificial chemicals, hormones,antibiotics or genetically modified organisms (GMOs) . It is free of MSG (monosodium glutamate). It also means it is Non-Gmo.
- Contain higher levels of antioxidants and minerals/vitamins up to ¾ more than non-organic.
- The nitrate levels are generally 1/3 lower than non-organic food.
- You consume less toxins and chemicals which can increase your lifespan
- Future health benefits help prevent cancer and other diseases
- Contain lower levels of cadmium (heavy metal)
- Better for the environment
Controversy: Many people do not believe in organic food is any different from regular food however, they obviously haven’t done any research. Furthermore, organic food might look the same as regular food however it is doesn’t contain any of the pesticides or harmful chemicals. In addition, people may argue it is way too expensive, but the way I see it is you either pay more now or you pay a lot more later when you are in the hospital wishing you would’ve eaten healthier and organic foods when you were younger.
Although… keep in mind that organic junk food is still junk food. It is still being processed with oils, sugar, etc.and it is made in a facility vs whole food from the ground.
How to identify organic food:
- You must look for the USDA approved green sticker on your food “USDA Organic” or it has to say “made with organic ingredients”.
- Don’t trust misleading labels like “natural” or “all natural” on the label because it does not mean it organic
*If you cannot afford to pay fully organic then make sure you at least get these dirty dozen foods organic*
- Is the opposite of organic food.
- It is grown or farmed with unnatural substances and chemicals such as round-up. It uses artificial chemicals, hormones, antibiotics, GMOs and MSG.
- Billion-dollar companies use pesticides and chemicals to expand and increase production.
- Is cheaper than organic food because of the harsh toxin and hormones inside the food speed production so the companies can make more money.
- Non-organic farming ruins the environment and soil it produces on
- Cancer causing and fueling other diseases
Although I am not a doctor, health professional or nutritionist, I do know the various health and fitness benefits of organic foods which can improve your personal well-being and other loved ones around you.
I switched from non-organic to organic food 5 years ago and I can honestly say it has changed my life. I have never felt healthier,stronger and leaner. So I encourage you today to make the switch, you will not regret it!